Newsletter from Trustee Rhonda Skillern-Jones, District II
Feb 8, 2021
There has never been a better time to attend Houston Community College to pursue a college certificate or degree! Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, HCC has shifted many on-campus courses to online classes with more ways to learn now than ever before! Enrolling is easy by visiting: hccs.edu/now
Students can choose from:
- Flex Campus: Students enroll in classes and have the choice to attend either online or in person at the scheduled dates and times
- Lab-Based Courses: HCC’s skills-based, hands-on lab courses host fewer students per section to enable social distancing
- Online Anytime: Students take classes online at any time. These are traditional online classes, and students never come to campus
- Online on a Schedule: Students take classes online at scheduled class time they select when enrolling, and never come to campus
The Northeast College offers in-demand career training in commercial truck driving, public safety, energy, transportation, business, welding, plumbing and AC repair.
The college offers academic courses and fast-track continuing education certificates to allow students to enter the workforce within just six months. On-site classes follow all CDC guidelines to help students remain safe.
Our experienced financial aid staff at hccs.edu/financial-aid can also advise you on how to refile Federal Student Aid applications for Pell Grants and assist with scholarships through the HCC Foundation. Here are other helpful links:
- Free & Reduced Cost Technology: hccs.edu/techhelp
- Childcare options: hccs.edu/childcare
- Career/job placement: hccs.edu/careerhub
- Small business support: hccs.edu/oei
We are ready to assist you. Call 713.718.2000 or email us at email@example.com to get started on achieving your educational goals at HCC!
HCC Board of Trustees
Download as PDF
Download as RTF