Maintenance Work Request
HCCS has the responsibility to repair, make replacements and adjust equipment and buildings in response to conditions discovered during performance of preventive maintenance, equipment breakdown/improper operation or employee complaint. HCCS shall respond to and accomplish any request that is relevant to the successful operation of college campuses and system locations. HCCS has the responsibility to assist college presidents or system administrators with special classroom setups, multiple graduations, special events and other circumstances that may require additional manpower to accomplish this mission.
HCCS will accomplish the above policy with the implementation of the maintenance work order request form.
- The maintenance work order request form (MWORF) may be obtained by downloading the form at the www.hccs.edu website, or from the Campus Management office.
- Complete the form by filling out all of the requested information. Fill in the requestor name, campus, location, room, date, work to be done, telephone number, work order description in a clear and concise manner, and mark “yes” or “no” as to the urgency of the MWORF.
- Print legibly and clearly using black or blue ink.
- A 24-hour notice is required for a response to be made regarding your maintenance request.
- Provide on a sheet of 8 ½ by 11 paper the layout of your request to accompany the MWORF. The layout will include the drawing of setups and any other arrangement(s) that you may require (i.e.: tables, chairs, classroom in a “U” or an “O” formation, etc.)
- The MWORF will be reviewed for approval or disapproval by the COO and/or the Campus Manager. The printed name signature and date will be required by the COO and/or Campus Manager.
- The Campus Manager will fax the MWORF to the Maintenance Service Center (MSC) to be processed.
- The MSC receives and then processes MWORF’s daily for all HCCS campuses.
- Electronic mail, regular mail or fax the completed form to the Campus Manager’s Office. The electronic mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The fax number for the office is (713) 718-7214.
- After MSC receives the MWORF, then it will be assigned a work order number and a date is given.
All emergency service requests should be made directly by telephone to the MSC at extension 8-5555.